We started with a desire to provide a place that would be unique, yet a good fit Bend and the surrounding communities. It became tangible when we were given the opportunity to keep a curated selection of the historic Open Book used bookstore offering. So, we launched the Agia Sophia initiative in early 2019, opening 9 months later in December. To keep up with the unfolding story, follow us here on our Coffee News Blog, or through social media.
Agia Sophia’s mission is to serve the community by providing a unique place where people can:
- enjoy the best coffee, tea, warm and cold drinks with tantalizing ‘eats and treats’
- just hang out in a warm, inviting atmosphere built around coffee and books, with an “Eastern Christian Ethos” – that ‘subtle something’ that warms the heart.
- engage in casual conversations and contemplation, enjoy our curated
- collection of new used books
- discover timeless wisdom through our collection of the Classics of Literature, Religion, Philosophy, History, the Arts, and local favorites.
We look forward to offering small events, classes and study groups; turning hearts and minds to the contemplation of the more profound things in life.