Let me share with you the hot-points of the Plan – it will paint a picture you can follow as these updates are randomly posted.
- We will take over the entire Open Book Inventory, but need to cull the inventory – too much of it has been there for many years and probably will never sale – think Pop Psychology, Self-Help, and Diet Books. If they did not work last year, no one wants to buy them and try again. So much of our culture is wash rinse and throw away – these books fall into that category
- With the Help of our First Work Party, Kaisha (current owner) is having a blast with her treasure hunt of bringing to the front of the store the best of the best. At the same time, the back of the store is all on sale for ‘a buck a book’, or a bag full for $5-$10!!
- We take over May 1st, but good news: Kaisha will remain as our ‘Book Maven’, doing what she loves part-time, while we run the whole operation.
- We will empty the front and begin demo, as well as the things we can do prior to getting our permit from the City for the major tenant improvements.
- Kaisha will ‘staff’ the back-half book store, keeping the customers satisfied, while we race to finish the remodel – targeting our opening by July 1. Her two volunteer helpers will be supporting the transition while we learn the details of the inventory